Friday, November 13, 2009

Time Again

Am I the only one that has noticed that the catalogs are filling my mailbox again.


I love it though, in my day we would get the Sears catalog and pour over the pages looking for the perfect thing for Christmas. Since I was the youngest I was the last to get that book and by then it was pretty marked up. But it still brings memories of childhood and dreaming of what I would get that year from Santa.


So now, I stack them in a pile on the coffee table and let the kids mark them up, watching as they are so excited about this toy or that gadget and helping me get into the Christmas spirit too.
So what do you do to get into the spirit?

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love the catalog too! Give a kid a marker and set them at the table and they're busy for SO LONG.

Laurel said...

Just wanted to say I've been thinking about you, and have said a few prayers in your behalf. Hugs to you!

And, in response to your question, I've started playing Christmas music.

pawlyandsandy said...

Singing Christmas songs for Ward Choir gets me into the spirit. Also starting to think of things to give to others and traditions to do gets me so excited for Christmas time!!

Wendy said...

I'm one of those bah-humbugs that likes Christmas to get going AFTER Thanksgiving...

Wendy said...

Okay! I'm ready now! Somebody cue the Christmas music and let's get into the Christmas closet!

Jingle bells...jingle bells...

:-)