Monday, March 9, 2009

5th Grade Fun

Drama Queen came home with an assignment, make a simple circuit.
Huh?
I can help with the math but that is something that sounded like a good Daddy-Sissy project.
What I love about those two putting their minds together is that they come up with some really cool things.
So with a couple of trips to Home Depot and several switches, wires and light bulbs later they ended up with a working circuit. Now the fun really began. Drama Queen got out the Legos and began to form, something, but then it turned into a masterpiece.
A very proper Lego home for our little Lego man, complete with a mailbox and a tree in the yard.

Best part is that is lights up so cool in the dark.


Day of the showing all the 5th graders got to display their items. I went around to see what others had done and I still thought hers was the best. Definitely no favoritism here.

We have another great teacher this year and here she is. Thanks Mrs D for another fun event for the kids and the big kids too.

12 comments:

Tiff said...

Wow...that is awesome!! Great project!! :)

Kori said...

That is way cool. Awesome.

Elena said...

Oh I so hear ya and the science projects! My daughter has to do a "hydro electrice" project here this week. WHAT?! Can't we just stick with worksheets?

Rhonda said...

Glad hubby could help with that one! She did a great job. What a cute house!!! I bet she'll get an A+++ for that one!

Busy Lady said...

What a fun project! Wow, she is really good with the lego creations, I can only make a tower. How clever they both are to do a "light up" lego house. Good Daddy daughter time.

Wendy said...

Great job on the circuit, but A++++ for going the extra mile and lighting up Lego Man's house!

I loved the pictures. Isn't it THE best when your child has a great teacher?

EmmaP said...

i love her house! and i hope my kids teacher never asks for a circuit! yikes! i might have to call on you!!!

Hot Shauna said...

Hers was A LOT better then mine... mine was a lightflash top with wire and a battery.. i know simple... hers is awesome, i love looking at them but that is not my thing. I wish i could have seen it in person :)


meghan

Aubrey said...

that IS cool. sheesh, a simple circuit? remind me not to move into that school's boundaries.

i heard you sold the house--is that right? cool.

Aubrey said...

that IS cool. sheesh, a simple circuit? remind me not to move into that school's boundaries.

i heard you sold the house--is that right? cool.

Megan said...

Ah... I miss this stuff.
I'm so proud of her!

John Deere Mom said...

Oh, what I wouldn't give to get a project turned in to me that looked like that!!! Awesome!