Friday, April 24, 2009

What we are doing this weekend

One of the gifts for Sweet-boy was a slip and slide. It is barely past snowing weather and he is all about when we can use it.
So we decided that if they wanted to, we would give it a try. After the lawn had been mowed, which was like cutting hay, we laid out the slide. Then as per rumor, we covered it with dish soap for extra slip.

Not only did we get the kids wet and happy, but they were all clean and soaped up for the day. I love a two for one.

7 comments:

Elena said...

Oh, soap is a brilliant idea! My kids have been begging all week to play in the sprinklers. I should have let them because now it's going to cold again.

pawlyandsandy said...

That sounds like the best bath ever! Great fun! Hooray for nice weather so you could enjoy the water!

John Deere Mom said...

Soap on the slip and slide?! I love it!

EmmaP said...

su-weet! I love a good two-fer!

Kate said...

These pictures are GREAT! I have to admit that although we did the whole slip and slide thing when I was young, we were never clever enough to actually apply dish soap! You are a pretty cool mom to let them try it!

Wendy said...

Nice tip! Thanks!

Dang it -- your post makes me want warmer weather NOW, NOW, NOW! I've had enough of this cool, wet Spring. Bring on the sun!

Rhonda said...

ok that is a BRILLIANT IDEA!!!!!!!! I think we'll start doing that in place of Sat night baths. We'll be the coolest parents on the planet and no stooping over the tub which hurts my back. NICE.