Thursday, August 20, 2009

Our Excusion to Twin Falls

So as the summer is winding down and we are looking at having to move to another city, we decided to go visit The Man. He has been telling us about his nice room at a hotel and the kids and I packed up and crashed his pad for a few days. He needs to work and I guess I need to find another place for us to land in Twin...can I just tell you how much I hate looking for a place to live. But we have to make the best of this situation and so if going to a hotel is part of the deal then we will make the best of it, like going swimming for hours at the pool to wear out rambunctious kids.
We got some things we thought would sink but the best sinky toy for the pool was moms watch.
The plastic jacks just sat on the surface, but were still fun to gather, when they tired of diving for my watch.

The kids scoped out the room, selected beds and of course had to do the bed-bingo...bouncing from one to the other. I felt sorry for the people below us, but as it turned out there were lots of kids there during our stay, so who's to say it was us jumping on the beds......
One of the nights as were we driving around we decided to walk the rim of the Snake River. As you drive into Twin you have to go over an enormous bridge. To walk beneath the road and hear the cars zoom overhead is something, but to then to gaze out at the structure truly makes one wonder and wish they were there to watch it go up.

There were ski boats and fisher men in the river as we walked by, but all you can see is river going on and on.....

We walked until the path ended and the sun began its decent in the sky. It was a great evening, spent together just talking and being together. I know that we have done this before, the man gone working in another state, the kids and I following as soon as we could, but somehow it was easier, they were also so much littler. Now they know what is going on, they miss their Daddy and I miss having someone to defer to. Let's not even get started on the not sleeping issue. So as hard as this is, we want to get the move over with and get settled and hopefully stay put for a while, at least that is the hope. But I cannot think too far ahead anymore or I will get disappointed and I need to keep things going here. I have noticed that if I am down the kids are down and we might as well just go back to bed. There is too much to do, too much to really be appreciative about and as I tell the kids, "As long as we are together then everything is alright, no matter where we live, no matter what we have, our family is most important." So here's hoping that we can do that again in one place soon......

7 comments:

Angelina said...

Is this the new Hilton Garden Inn?
We just stayed there two weeks ago and took a picture by that bridge too. It was so beautiful there!
~Angelina

Elena said...

Hey...if you move to Twin, we can meet for lunch in Pocatello. That would be fun!!

Melanie said...

*deep breath* and *hugs*

You are super mom - such a "do-er" and "chin-upper"! (I'm a writer I get to make up words.)

I'm glad you have a forum to vent a bit. You nailed it. Hubbies and kids can all freak out, but if Mom let's it slump, the infastructure crumbles:)

All the same, your prespective always lifts me up. You are amazing! You know that right?

pawlyandsandy said...

Well that's rough, it stinks! But like you said, lots of blessings to count. I'm sorry you have to move, again. Let me know if I can help at all. I'm really good at packing boxes :)

Wendy said...

Sorry I've been such a bad bloggy friend! My heart hurts for you. I H.A.T.E moving and upheaval. So does Mr. H. We do as little of it as possible.

You're so right; if mama ain't happy, nobody's happy or OK. We are the heart of the home and family. You are an awesome mom. Hang in there. :-)

Caroline said...

Moving again....

I'm sorry, but hopefully you'll get to stay this time! BTW, where is Twin Falls - I take it its not Idaho.

Kids look good, hope you are doing well too in the midst of all the packing.

Miss you!

Heather said...

That bridge truly is amazing. What a beautiful view!

I hope you're able to find a great place to live with your family, a place where you will feel at home no matter what life brings.