Thursday, February 28, 2008

4th Grade

Do you ever wish that you could go back in time and repeat Elementary school?

I remember Miss Reeve, my 2nd grade teacher. She was so wonderful and had the biggest Ostrich Egg on her desk. She had been everywhere and knew everything and all us girls wanted to be just like her someday. Well "the Drama Queen" has such a teacher for 4th grade. She is so fun and I volunteer in there as much as I can cause I have so much fun.


Today the kids made origami letters to people in the class.
(this is "the drama Queens' letter to me - aww!)
I helped the kids fold them and during recess Miss H censored them. We found that a certain BOY in the class got more then enough letters and who wants to be left out. So she asked me to write letters to those that had not recieved them. What a blast that was! Thank goodness I have been in there and so I know the kids so I was able to write things about them that made it personal, not just "Hey dude, you rock!" Which I am not even sure is hip anymore. But it was fun and I am sure that some have figured out that it was me, but I don't care.

The point is that the kids are having such a great time learning, that there are days that I want to put on my backpack, grab my paper sack full of PBJ with the crust cut off and go learn again, all the things that I have forgotten; but mostly to just have a day, where I am not responsible for anything more than 4th grade - what a relief that would be.

1 comment:

pawlyandsandy said...

Sounds like her class is great and I think it's awesome you volunteer there too! Maybe there is just something about 4th grade, my teacher was also wonderful. I would go back to visit her, even in high school and if I could go today, I would visit her again! Horray for elementary school!