Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Remodel update

Fireplaces, something that I have never had in a home before became my bane in life. What to do with my bland looking fireplaces. When we bought this house it was white on white. Not to say that I do not like white; white snow, white ice cream, white base boards but white house - NO! (those of you who know me, know that I live in a very colorful world). So the first order of business was to paint walls and bring some color into this blah house. But what to do with the fireplaces. Here is what I did.
I like the finished product and it really helps to bring the house into the current decade and not the 1970's brass & glass phase of which all our lighting fixtures and closet doors were made of. Needless to say those same doors gave the kids nightmares and were quickly disposed of the first week here.

1 comment:

pawlyandsandy said...

Very well done! You should start your own remodeling show and share your 'colorful' talents with all!