Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Why Grandpa is the Bomb!!!

There it was, the e-mail that almost made me want to be anywhere but here this weekend.

It is Thomas' visit to our local railroad and this was the reminder that it was time for us to buy our tickets.

No, not me.......

Let me explain.

I love Thomas, I buy Thomas stuff for Sweet-boy, I love the movies, I love building tracks for his trains to live on for a day and I love the corniness of it all, so why do I cringe? Well, last time we went with the whole family I was a month post my Hysterectomy, so the clanging of the train was a new experience in pain for me and my "Happy Pills" were not able to compete with all that jarring. Plus we are currently in the midst of packing and that was a time constraint that I could not deal with.

I e-mail Grandpa Extraordinaire!!!

Would you attend Day Out with Thomas with your little buddy?

Of course was the reply and so we got it arranged.

It was a logistic feat as Sweet-boy was on a school field trip and would need to be picked up from there by his Grandpa to be able to attend. Needless to say all powers to be were very accommodating and it went off without a hitch.

Here are my happy boys returning from a fun filled day with each other and seeing Thomas.

See that, one little guy that just ♥♥♥loves♥♥♥ his Grandpa. He got a Thomas tattoo on his hand and will not wash it off. He even asked if we could re-do Thursday so he could spend the day with Grandpa again.
Thank you Dad for doing that, you are the best Grandpa, not surprising since you were the Best Dad!!!

7 comments:

Elena said...

Awwww...what a fun day for your boy! I'll bet Grandpa and Grandma are going to miss having you so close. But I am SO excited (and jealous) of your upcoming move!! Best of luck and maybe, just maybe, we'll be able to hook up for lunch sometime now. You know, cause 5 hours is much easier to drive than 3! LOL!

Wendy said...

What sweet, precious pictures.

I love Thomas, too, even though my daughter is long past those choo-choo days. I ***loved*** Shining Time Station on PBS and would give my right arm to be able to own those DVD's.

Busy Lady said...

I can't believe how much he looks like your dad!! It looks like they had a great time, kindred spirits. You are lucky to have a dad that is such a fabulous grandpa (sweet boy is lucky as well of course). That reminds me I have a DVD for you that we never watch and I'm sure he would love to have.

Jennifer P. said...

THat was truly, truly sweet of your dad. What a memory for your son to make too!

EmmaP said...

how sweet! and I'm always asking for Friday Re-Runs but it never happens..... ugh.

Heather said...

You know how much we love Thomas here, too.

God love your dad for spending such a special day with your son. You know they will both remember that time forever.

John Deere Mom said...

Grandpas are the best!