Monday, June 1, 2009

Last Day of School

This is Sweet-boys teacher.
She was so wonderful and such a great teacher to have for First Grade. Our gift to the class was of course Sweet-boy's favorite treat - full size chocolate bars for everyone. It was a bitter-sweet moment as I have really loved working with his teacher, this year was really great because of all her endless patience with my little guy.
Thank you Mrs. Carr!!!Drama Queen with some of her classmates.
The kid wearing the backwards cap ate all the time. He always asked me for food even with his stash in his desk. I have never seen a kid eat so much, all the time. We will miss this funny kid. His little sister was in Sweet-boys class so we got to know them real well.

The best 5th grade teacher.

Helping out in her class was so fun, it was always something new and different and I got to work with all the kids not just a group. Thank you Mrs. McDonough for your first year teaching you were wonderful and we wish you many more successful years teaching.

The petite girls in DQ's class. She told me that not only was she the smallest in her class but in the 5th grade. This was the big discovery on one of their field trips. Poor thing, but we have lots of time for those long legs to catch up with the rest of her.

1st and 5th grade completed - check!
On to our next year with new schools and a school system that sends their 6th graders to Junior High - not too sure that mom is ready for that one.......

2 comments:

Heather said...

How are the kids doing with the move? A new school, new friends...exciting, but hard. Hope all goes well.

I'm sure you're ready to move on, now that school is over.

I'm so excited for you and your family as you begin this journey! Keep us posted, 'kay?

Elena said...

I student taught at the school I think your kids will be going to. And it really is a great school and I loved having the 6th graders there. She will love it! Good luck with everything.