Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Brain Drain

Okay all those of you that have not been in a classroom for a while.
It is riddle test time.
So go grab your pencil, a blank sheet of paper, and your favorite beverage. No need to write your name on the top, we are not turning these in and remember no cheating......
Are we ready?
Okay,
begin!
**********
1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?
***
2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?
***
3. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away ?
***
4. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday?
***
5. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!
*******
THE ANSWERS:

1. The third room. Lions that haven't eaten in three years are dead.That one was easy, right?
***
2. The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry (shot; held under water; and hung).
***
3. Charcoal, as it is used in barbecuing.
***
4. Sure you can name three consecutive days, yesterday, today, and tomorrow!
***
5. The letter e, which is the most common letter used in the English language, does not appear even once in the paragraph.
********
So how did you do?

10 comments:

Busy Lady said...

I got #2 & #4 right. That first one really stumped me and so did #3. I thought I found something else out wrong with #5 but it was the wrong answer. Thanks for giving my brain a jump start! Hey give me an update about tomorrow when you get a chance. Take care!!

Heather said...

Um, I failed miserably. But wait, I have an excuse. I just woke up from working last night, haven't had my coffee yet, and I have poison ivy. What? That's no excuse? Okay, I'm just no good at riddles. Oh, well, it was fun playing. Cute post.

Trooper Thorn said...

If I hadn’t bee drinking all this cough medicine, I would have aced your quiz!

Saunders Family said...

That was fabulous... as are you! I owe you the biggest thanks. You are the most amazing person and I have loved getting to know you. Will you email me your email addy to keep in touch (other than blogland!)?ashleyfsaunders@gmail.com Thanks!

chellekay said...

I only got the first one right, lol

EmmaP said...

got #2 right. but hey, at least it was more fun than "Two trains are leaving the station at the same time..."

hate word problems!!!

Elena said...

Oh funny. I only got the dead lion one. I love those kinds of riddles. But I'm not good at them.

Caroline said...

No comment.

Julie said...

I got them all wrong, but in my defence, it is 1;45 AM. But seriously I think the safest room for the guy in #1 is the one he is standing in at the start, do I get 1/2 a point?

John Deere Mom said...

Hmm...I suck. Loved reading them but didn't even bother to think through them before peeking at the answers...except the husband one but I still had to look!!!!