Monday, July 27, 2009

Roaring Springs

We are all about things to do that involve water, if some of you have not noticed. Our dear friends got us tickets to go to Roaring Springs. So we loaded up the kiddos headed to the park and were there when it opened - something that I have never done on any theme park. We found some good seats and layered on the sunscreen and headed out for a full day of water fun.

Somewhere in there Sweet-boy is getting dumped on, best thing they ever invented for kids.

My Drama Queen getting ready to tackle as many rides as possible. Her favorite is still the Lazy River - she swims while mom floats along.

We were right by the kiddy pool area and they have a great slide to go on. Sweet-boy loved that and the wave pool. Here he goes.

Whooshing past me.......

His kind of slide.
I think after the scary white roller coaster at Lagoon he is going for slow and not so scary.

Kicking back in the shade. The Man was not up for too much fun. He hurt his hand on the kids scooter back in June and is still wearing a splint. I think we might have a fracture but you know men and doctors.......and that is all I am gonna say about that one.
Six hours in the sun - baking.
Lunch of high priced concession food,
time spent with good friends and family - priceless!!
A very tired but happy boy and another great day together.

6 comments:

Busy Lady said...

That was so fun! I love these pictures, it's too bad that my camera died right after we got there (darn batteries). Oh well, I'm sure we will go again, we love the water too, but boy did my kids get sunburned. That is so funny that you have never been there when a park has opened, we are die hards (obviously). You should see us when we go to Disneyland - we are there at 8 am and go until midnight, my kids are begging for the fun to end!!!

Kate said...

Looks like a blast! What a fun way to spend a hot summer day...

Aubrey said...

That place looks nice AND clean. I should take my kids to those places more often--maybe when they're older and I don't resemble a beached Shamu.

Lolly and SB have twinner teeth as of today.

And what is it with these Shiner men that won't go to the doctor? And yet their mother goes to every witch doctor in town. Maybe they got OD-ed. ;) Hopefully S's hand will be okay and not permanently injured in the long run, right?

EmmaP said...

hahaha! your kids have sure grown... hehehe.

Heather said...

What a fun day! Great pictures!

Hope all is well with you and your big decisions. You have been on my mind a lot today...

Sending some virtual hugs and love your way, T.

pawlyandsandy said...

Lucky! We've been trying to head to Roaring Springs this whole summer but haven't gotten there yet. :(
Oh, well someday.

Glad you had a ton of fun with the family!