Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Visitors?



Historically the fence has been something that we lean across to talk with our neighbors; it has also symbolized a dream, something that we strive to achieve, stability of a home, security of a spouse and family, the acquiring of a better life.

But in today's instant life of e-mail, blogs, text messaging, and so on...... the fence has become more a metaphor of times past.

Why do I talk about the fence and what it represented....?

Well, most of us are a curious bunch; we blog for fun, a release, a way to hone the creative energy that we posses. In so doing we also open our lives and our "Story" to complete strangers, thus, we are intrigued to know who it is that is reading our blips through daily life. Many of us have counters, visitor maps and such to gather the information that answers the question, "does anyone but family/friends care about what I post?" It also provides that daily ego stroke of someone out there cares about me and came for a visit. This I think is truly the reason we want to know who came to visit.....

So to the visitors from Georgia, Kansas, Colorado, and Idaho - thanks for stopping by. Others from Australia and England leave a comment, tell us what is going on in your part of the world. The best part about this new form of communication in a global world is that we can make it so much smaller just by commenting - good or bad it still bring us together.

Happy Blogging!!

8 comments:

Busy Lady said...

I love the pictures of the kids in the sandbox. What an awesome place to get to play, your kids are very lucky! I finally figured out how to put music on my blog - thanks for the advice, it makes it more fun! I also added blog friends, but not in the same way as you, I guess I need to figure that part out. Your stories are so fun, I feel like I am there with you!

John Deere Mom said...

Happy Blogging to you too!

Anonymous said...

I like your blog! I check it every day! :)

Emily said...

DON'T FORGET TEXAS!!

I am glad we are blogging buddies, you are so kind and I love reading what you are up to!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

EM- I am so sorry that I forgot Texas, it is a daily stop for me to!!!

N- I think the kids and I spend too much time searching for just the right music for the blog. It is a bonding time and we usually end up dancing around the room.

John Deere Mom - I think you have so much fun on your blog and in your life and what I wouldn't have given to have a teacher like you. Maybe I would remember more.

Meghan - I am glad that you check everyday, you are too cute!!

Heather said...

Great post! It's like a cyber fence!!

Elena said...

Isn't it great the places we get to visit every day. I love blogging and all my blogging buddies!

Jennifer P. said...

I am morbidly obsessed with my maps and counters. I love "collecting" a new country! And think it's great to peek in on foreign blogs, even when I don't understand a word.

Love this song you've got playing. It's one of my favorites to sing when I have an empty bottle to blow in and make that low "hoo, hoo, hoo" sound :)!