Monday, June 8, 2009

The Big Move Part 1

Finally the day had come; the big move, the truck was rented, the house was packed and we were anxious to get things loaded and get going. The kids were a big help in loading the truck with all the boxes. I think they liked playing with the dolly more then moving boxes.

Look at those hard workers, they really helped alot!
DQ playing in the trees in the park one last time. We will miss the big trees, but I am sure we will find some more to climb by our new home.
Saying "Good-bye" to friends.

All our stuff either in the truck, on the lawn or in the garage. We had so much help that the house cleared out in about an hour. What took the longest was realizing that we had too much stuff to fit on the truck and having to unpack the truck and get the essentials on for the initial trip.

The truck is packed and this is all the furniture that will need to remain behind till we can come back for it. What a mess, but also amazing that we have that much stuff. I am the purge queen, so I was surprised that we had any left-over, but we do.....
Finally we are off...... The Man drove the truck with his car hauled behind. It was quite the caravan. (Don't look now Dad but I am taking this picture while I am driving - ahhhhhhh).
Finally the state line comes into view and we are feeling that much closer to our new life, our new adventure and what we hope will be happier times.
Our new home - we are so happy that we are here. It was great to arrive at "Home" to have so many people be there to welcome us and help to get our home off the truck and into its new residence.
Now we can really start saying, "there is no place like home......."
Stay Tuned for the "before and after of the move". I hate unpacking but it needs to be done.

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Congratulations on your move! I was wondering when it would happen. Hope you get settled in soon!

Rhonda said...

I didn't know you were moving! was it a relocation for dh's job?

I don't know where you WERE but Idaho is cool. My aunt lives in Mtn Home (near Boise)..where abouts will you be?

Heather said...

I don't envy you the unpacking at all.

Did I ever tell you that Joe and I moved nine times in the first 7 years of our marriage? AHHH!!!

We swore this house would be our last, but you just never know.

I hope Idaho is a happy home for you. How great to already have friends there to greet you!

John Deere Mom said...

Looks like a lot of work! I can't wait to see the pics!

Hot Shauna said...

We miss seeing you...



Meghan

Jennifer P. said...

I had NO IDEA you were blogging through the move! I thought "I'll give her a few weeks to get settled, then check back in...". You are dedicated :)!

So glad again to have met you AND to have you back in my neck-o-the-woods now!