Friday, June 19, 2009

Oh What Do You Do In The Summertime......

I know we have only been in this house for 2 1/2 weeks but there are some things that just have to be changed and the outside lights were one of them, and the flower beds needed my special touch, but that is a whole other post.
Saturday I went out garage-sale'ing and found some brand-new-still-in-the-box-outside-lights for a killer deal. It was time to put them up. The sun was shining and it was finally not raining and most of the light-bulbs on the old lights were burnt out. Definitely time to change out those lights. So as I am up on the ladder working away, Sweet-boy and "B" decided to make box people out of the boxes.
With a little instruction on the proper technique for punching out holes in the boxes using a screw driver, they were happily on their way to making something wonderful.
Sweet-boy going to town on the right place for a arm-hole.

"B" kinda scary with the screwdriver.

"Can you see me mom?"
All done and ready to parade around the neighborhood.
"B" with plenty of air-holes in the box.
All this from a couple of boxes.
I love watching what kids come up with to entertain themselves on a nice summer day with nothing but two boxes and their HUGE imaginations.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Empty boxes are the BEST!

Cute post!

Have you checked my blog yet?

Wendy said...

So nice to see kids "unplugged"! It's harder when they get to be teens.... LOL

By the way, you asked about school. Finished my on-line class at UVU. Loved it. Passed with flying colors. :-) Considering my options carefully about "real" school now -- I'd kinda like to see what Mr. H's job situation's gonna do here in the next couple of months. I might have to hit the work force instead. (bleh.) I'll keep you updated at the Bend.

EmmaP said...

so fun. i love the great deals at garage sales...