Sunday, June 14, 2009

Can someone get rid of this tooth?

For over two months we have had a wiggly tooth in our house. Normally it is Drama Queen that is falling apart but finally it is Sweet-boy that seems to be ready to loose the baby-teeth. You would think that with all the whooping and hollering that goes on when a tooth is lost that he would want in on it?
NO!!!!
We now deal with a kid that has his front tooth hanging out all the time, looking like something that I have seen somewhere before......... But where.......And then I remember, "A Year Without A Santa Clause". This is one of my most favorite Christmas, Rankin-Bass cartoony movies of all time. Needless to say that everytime I see my little guy, I smile. He is very watchful over his tooth and wants it to fall out when it is ready. So for now we watch and wait. But I think I will go and watch that movie, all because of a tooth.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

You know, I can't say that I blame him. Its better to wait for things to run their course than to force them out before they're ready. Take babies, for instance. I'm not ready for my baby to come out yet...I'm very watchful of my little bun and I'm waiting for it to "fall out when its ready."

So just have patience...that's all there is to it! Or you could accidentally elbow him like little Caroline's dad did to her, knocking her front tooth out. Just a thought.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

It is about to come to that, we are so done with this goofey tooth look.

Busy Lady said...

Is this his first tooth to come out? I think it looks cute and it does make me thinl of a year without a santa clause - I love that movie!!!

Wendy said...

Ooh -- my mom would just yank 'em, and all us kids HATED that. When my own daughter didn't want me to touch her loose tooth, I was ok with that.

It stayed and stayed and stayed. It became a family joke! It literally fell out one day as she was laying on the couch. Good times. Adventures in Mommyland.

:-)