Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gratitude Turkeys

I saw this idea here and loved it.
It was so fun to finally do with the kids and to see what they are grateful for.
Take some fall colored paper and trace out your hands, cut it out and then answer this question - What are you grateful for?
One answer for each finger.We placed them in the most visible place in the house - the kitchen.
I loved to write what I was grateful for, but to hear each child state their gratitude was so tender. It was easy to fill up all my fingers and helped to show each of us that we have many, many things to be grateful for this year.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

I love the gratitude spread all around your kitchen! Great idea.

in time out said...

i saw your comment on another blog and decided to check yours out. i love the turkey idea. i think i will do that with my kids this weekend. thanks for sharing.

oh, what made me come was that i get the whole computers and kids thing. i really think that if i had taken my kids (any one of them) as a cheat sheet to my excel test i would have passed.

funny.

EmmaP said...

i love this! we are so doing this on family night!

Busy Lady said...

Great idea! I think I will do this with my preschoolers next week. You always come up with such fun stuff!!

Rhonda said...

I found your blog through emmap and this is a great idea!!! We will do this for FHE for sure!!

Tiff said...

I love this idea..I am going to try this with my family!!! :)