Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Try-It-Tuesday

Okay I know that I have not done this in a while but I think that we have been living on pizza and spaghetti and I think we all know how to make that. But here is one that I love but the family is not fond of. I think it is the Broccoli. But here it is.
Chicken and Broccoli Bake
Fixings you will need:
8 chicken breasts, simmer till done and torn into pieces
1 bunch cut broccoli, cooked till tender
8 oz cream cheese
2 cups milk
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Place in a buttered 13X9 baking dish the cooked broccoli. Cover with the cooked chicken.In a blender mix the cream cheese, milk, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese and blend. If you want thicker sauce decrease the milk to 1 1/2 cups and increase the cheese to 1 cup.
Pour into sauce pan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly till it comes to a boil.Pour the sauce over the broccoli/chicken and cover with more Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Remove foil and bake for another 5 minutes to brown top.

This is really good the second day after the sauce has thickened.

Enjoy!!!

11 comments:

Heather said...

Okay, if your family doesn't like it, I'll just come and have dinner with you! This sounds divine!

Have you ever tried shredded parmesean with it? I am liking this version on everything, from buttered noodles to pizza. Yum.

So, when are you making it?

Elena said...

OH my gosh!! That is one of my all time FAVORITES, but my family won't eat it either. I have to beg my mom to make it for me. She does for my birthday. SO delish. I hope people try it. And WHAT is up with our crazy families?

Aubrey said...

Yum, I'll have to try this.

EmmaP said...

this sounds like one I would LOVE!!! gonna add it to my list to try! thanks!

Tiff said...

Yum sounds good..will have to give this a try with our vegetarian chicken :)

Laurel said...

And I'm just sitting here thinking, "What am I going to make for dinner?" Thanks!

I loved your Monday's post about making that friend in Idaho. I could so relate. Moving from Wyoming to California 11 years ago, I felt like a little ant in a sea of people, and then God sent some amazing women into my life. And I'll never be the same, thankfully. Thanks for sharing.

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Mmmmmmmmmm I'm coming over for din din! lol

~melody~

John Deere Mom said...

This looks easy and delicious...my kind of meal!!

Jewelle said...

Sounds good! Hi1 I am Elena's friend and follower of Try-it-Tuesday!

Lula! said...

I am not a fan of broccoli, but this might have me convinced...it looks FABULOUS!

And girl, I refuse to let the soundtrack debacle get me down. The movie will rock--I have faith. I know it won't be the book, nor do I expect it to be. But it will be good. Two hours of Rob-As-Edward cannot be a terrible thing!

Jen said...

I am so trying this. Thanks for the supper idea. I think that I will add rice or pasta for the kids.