Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Sick Kids

This week already started out as one that I was dreading.
It is Parent-Teacher-Conference and thus in their infinite wisdom (the school district) the kids are let out early all week......That means instead of 3:45pm, they get home at 1:35pm. I already hate Friday's for that reason. But to boot, we have the sickness here. Sweet-boy sounds like a Seal with a serious sinus infection and Drama Queen has a lovely fever of 102 to 103 that only manifests itself late at night along with a sore throat and breath to kill the most brave at heart. So they are home, I am trapped and we are off to make that despised visit to the Pediatrician that nets only $30 less in my pocket and a diagnosis of "just give it time, they just have a cold." But I want it all to go away......
*****
We are home from the doctor's and here is the scooby.
Drama Queen does not have strep, but, Sweet-boy does have the croup.
So go figure.
The kids I thought was the sickest is not and the one that I thought I should save my money on was the worst.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Oh, I am feeling your pain. We have "early release" here every Wednesday...cuts right into the middle of your day.

Thanks for sharing your Enrique story with me. I knew that I liked you before; now I love you. You are so my kind of girl!

Hope your week gets better (oh, and I hope the kids get better, too).

Aubrey said...

Yes, we were loving the sickness, only we were out $60 with all three kids. Wa-hoo. I was somad I couldn't have them swab H when I took him in for croup. Oh wait, I guess that made it $80 in a week. $100 if you count my visit. I love being poor and having lots of kids. We're so cool.

Elena said...

Ugghhhh....This lovely time of year brings out these oh so awful illnesses. I'm sorry your kiddos are sick. That is NO fun at all. Is it bad that I secretly hope the kids have strep or something serious when I take them to the doc. because I hate that "give it time" answer?

Jen said...

it is that season. I hope the kids get better soon. We have not been hit yet, but I know that our time will come too.

Caroline said...

Here's to finding an extra 30 buck and two healthy kids!

Elena said...

So what can they do for the croup? Anything?

"The Queen in Residence" said...

They actually gave him a one time dose of steroids and that was it. I know I was not real keen on that but I figure once should be okay, but believe me I am googling that today. I went to a covering doctor and not our regular one, he was alright but you just are more trusting and comfortable with your regular one..... We will see:}
All I can say is that having both kids in school today is heavenly. Being trapped in the house all weekend and then till today I was and am going buggy!!!!

Tiff said...

I hate taking my kids to the doctor just for them to send us home with nothing...it is 25 each...I think with the amount I pay in insurance it should be free...I have already read ahead..so I am glad your kids are feeling better now! :)