Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Try-It-Tuesday

Sorry no picture for this but it is a really good recipe and something that you can make as neighbor gifts that they will love. It sounds interesting but is really yummy and so moist, not like the dreaded fruit cake.
Banana Carrot Cake
Items that you will need:
3/4 cup pureed banana (2 large)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
Beat together until sugar is dissolved then add:
3 eggs
beating thoroughly then add:
3 1/2 cup shredded carrot (3 to 4 medium)
1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
1 tsp vanilla
stir together then add:
2 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp salt
Gently fold fry into wet ingredient until just combined, DO NOT OVERBEAT.
Bake in a greased and floured loaf pan at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or till tester comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack, then enjoy!!!

5 comments:

Busy Lady said...

Okay that sounds seriously gross! If you say it's good though, I trust you, I will have to give it a try. Who would have thought bananas and carrots would be good together?! I love your Christmas list too. I don't think it is out of the question, you deserve it all!!!

Elena said...

Honestly I can see how this would be really tasty. I love sweet breads. Will you be my neighbor and make me a loaf?

"The Queen in Residence" said...

I know it sounds gross but it is really and I mean really good. I would love to be your neighbor E. I think you get to move though....

Cindy Beck, author said...

Sounds delicious! The bananas and pineapple would give great flavor and the carrots would keep it moist.

Annie-Savor This Moment said...

Yum! Just found you on the Neighborhood news, and I'm going to follow your blog now. Hope you don't mind!